What is CD Mastering?
Why is a “master” better than a “transfer?”
A transfer sounds just like your old record, whereas a master is your old recording optimized! Since many companies offer “transfer” services and charge extra for separate tracks and noise reduction, we felt it helpful to point out what the $35 “Mastering” fee for an LP to CD conversion includes the following processes:
- A digital recording is made of your LP (“transfer”) at 24 bit 96kHz sample rate.
- Clicks, Pops, crackle and surface noise are removed from your recording
- The recording is then edited into separate tracks*
*Please note, this is not an automated process, since editing is done
“by hand” and “by ear,” your tracks separations will be where you
expect them to be!
- Each individual track is then “normalized” to achieve maximum
volume without distortion.
- Every track is “named” so that song titles, artist name and album name
will all appear in your software when you rip your CD to your MP3 collection.
- Your Master CD is created from the resulting uncompressed wav files.
If you have any further questions on this subject,
please email for assistance.